Pick your Top 8 KPIs from this list of Top 30 SME KPIs
You can Start your own Simple Dashboard Today
See EVERYTHING by creating a Business Performance Reports with your own personal KPIs. Measure and manage better so you can make remarkable improvements in performance.
Here is a comprehensive list of the Top 30 SME KPIs SMEs should consider :
* Financial Indicators – 10 KPIs
* Business Performance Indicators – 7 KPIs
* Business Generation Indicators – 7 KPIs
* Employer/ee Based Indicators – 4 KPIs
* Risk Indicators – 2 KPIs
This list is by no means comprehensive and there are only indicators – use this information to highlight where to investigate further.
This Top 30 SME KPIs list is a menu not a banquet!
(don’t use all of these at once)
Here is what to do next:
- Step 1 – Don’t use them all!
- Step 2 – Choose 8 and build the data collection and reporting of these top 8 into your weekly reporting routine. It is easiest to setup a spreadsheet where you track the data and then create a set of graphs so you can see improvements. Remember, you can chop and change your top 8 KPIs every six months or so as you focus on new areas of your business – but start by setting up, and then stabilising, a few at a time.
For smaller SMEs the suggested break of your Top 8 is a mix of the following:
• Financial – three
• Performance – two
• Business Generation – one
• People – one
• Any other vital parameter – one
When deciding which 8 are the most important make your choice based on your current business strategy for profitable growth offset with reducing risks to the business.
- Step 3 – If you are a big enough business to have departments then the Director’s ‘Top 8’ will reflect the above list ; however every department should also have its own top 8 which more heavily reflects their departmental focus.
e.g. The sales department may have: Two Financial, Five Business Generation, One Performance ,One People , and One measure for Market Environment.
Top 30 SME KPIs – THE LIST!